Advanced Engineering Feasibility Scientist - Food Engineering 9/2/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matters most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for 11 years in a row.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an ADVANCED ENGINEERING FEASIBILITY SCIENTIST-FOOD ENGINEERING opening to join our ADVANCED ENGINEERING organization.
DAY TO DAY
Today, you might be investigating new technologies that enable significant improvement in our products core performance . Tomorrow, you'll working with our Global Innovation team to identify solutions for new business models. And, you might present proposals to leadership to guide strategic investments. You may also develop innovative prototypes to gain consumer feedback.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Leads the development of Advanced Engineering project proposals jointly with Global Innovation teams
* Research and develop multiple concepts that expand on initial submission to round out proposal
* Develop connections with external entities in specific areas of expertise (food engineering related)
* Develop Consumer needs processes and prototypes to guide V.O.C. (voice of customer) feedback sessions
* Provides thought leadership to team through understanding and communication within area of expertise (food engineering related)
* Assist Advanced Engineering Engineers in presentation of project proposals to business leaders, platform planning leads and Business units
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* 5+ years work experience (experience in innovation, product development, engineering & technology preferred)
* Minimum of a Masters degree in (food engineering or related)
* Exceptional problem solving, analytical and critical thinking ability - to drive to outcomes that are game changing
* Inventor spirit: a creative thinker that seeks to disrupt the status quo, constantly pushing for better ways to stimulate the creative development of ideas
* Leadership and Influencing: Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive to results while collaborating with cross-functional partners across the globe (internal and external)
* Strong independence: capable of working autonomously with limited guidance
* Demonstrated technology acumen - Expert skill and knowledge in appropriate application areas (subject matter, category, etc)
* Excellent technical judgement with ability to understand complex problems and translate to broad audiences
* Excellent organizational, communication, and influencing skills
* Competent in MS Excel and presentation tools
* Passion for new ideas, trends and bringing new to the world solutions a must
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.