Advanced Industrial Maintenance Tech - Electrical/Mechanical/Robotics 8/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
We are adding to our Advanced Industrial Maintenance team at our Valpak manufacturing facility in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida! Our facility is 470,000 square feet and features high-tech, state-of-the-art equipment.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for an Advanced Industrial Maintenance Technician to join their team. The Advanced Industrial Maintenance Technician function includes both Mechanical and Electrical support for troubleshooting, service and repair of production equipment. Experience is required in both Electrical and Mechanical preventative and reactive machine maintenance.
Why a career with Valpak?
WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates and applies knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical-Electronic Machine Maintenance
* Minimizes machine downtime by troubleshooting and resolving basic mechanical to complex electrical, electronic, software and hardware issues using technical manuals, schematics, vendor assistance and advanced training
* Proficient at reading schematics, blueprints, ladder logic and wiring diagrams
* Operate and use equipment such as mechanics hand tools, Multi-meter, Amp meter, Laptop computers and HMI
* Moves throughout all areas of the plant as required to perform duties
* Works safely on the production floor in a manufacturing environment
* Completes required training as needed and certification for the Maintenance area in accordance with the Maintenance progression process
* Works within maintenance work order system by generating work orders, viewing status of work orders and closing work orders when complete
* Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
* Uses the LOTO system and best safe work practices
* Vocational training, certification, and/or four years of progressively advanced level of mechanical and electrical experience in repair and maintenance
* Proficiency at interpreting vendor drawings, diagrams and schematics, electrical systems, PLC s (programmable logic controllers), HMI s (human machine interfaces) and VFD s (variable frequency drivers) required
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Advanced analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills (mechanical and electrical) required
* Being familiar with machine shop equipment
* Critical thinking
* Communication skills (verbal, written)
* Ability to use power tools electric or pneumatic
* Occasionally lift and/or manually move up to 40 pounds
* Occasionally required to work at heights up to 30 feet above ground on a ladder, in a scissors lift or in a bucket
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with leads, peers, co-workers, vendors
* Knowledge of and general application skills in Windows Office environment
* Prior experience in Printing-Direct Mail industry helpful.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-1 Valpak Ave N
Other Locations:US-FL-Clearwater-14950 Roosevelt Blvd, US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W, US-FL-St. Petersburg-11300 4th St N, US-FL-Tampa, US-FL-Tampa-2502 N Rocky Point Dr, US-FL-Bradenton, US-FL-St. Petersburg, US-FL-Tampa-401 S 50th St, US-FL-Clearwater, US-FL-Tampa-2502 N Rocky Point Dr Ste 800
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Shift:Night Job-7:00 pm - 7:00 am