Advanced Lighting and Controls Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Oak Brook, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Energy s Program Development and Implementation (PDI) group is seeking a Consultant to join our Business Services team, as an Advanced Lighting and Controls Consultant. The position is responsible for providing technical subject matter expertise, support, outreach, consultancy, and thought leadership, primarily for commercial and industrial lighting programs. This position can be based out of our Oakland, CA, Columbus OH, Oak Brook, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Detroit, MI, or Las Vegas, NV offices.
Tasks May Include
* Provide technical subject matter expertise, and advice specific to all lighting technologies and advanced lighting control systems, to program teams to resolve product or service requests regarding product specifications, applications or technical inquiries
* Develop and manage complex reporting requirements
* Analyze market data and product specifications to develop accurate savings scenarios for the energy savings impacts of complex lighting and advanced lighting control systems
* Responsible for commercial lighting equipment pricing analysis, reporting on incremental costs, and recommending appropriate incentive levels
* Support business development opportunities by providing technical subject matter expertise on proposals, business reviews, product development, and other client-facing deliverables
* Able to tailor make and facilitate work and improvement processes according to customer needs
* Participate in continuous improvement of work processes with customers
* Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills to work projects
* Work independently and think strategically
* Demonstrate excellent presentation skills and ability to create materials and educate internal and external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex systems related to lighting and advanced control systems to a variety of audiences
* Budget planning and management capability
* Care for customer and provide solutions that improve their business
* Proactively identify real customer needs and manage customer expectations accordingly
* Introduce services from own/existing disciplines to new customers and new services to existing customers
* Support clients as the subject matter expert on commercial lighting applications, product baselines, product categorization, and recommendations
* Develop strategies for accelerating the market adoption of eligible equipment
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or related field required
* Minimum 5 years of relevant lighting experience
* Minimum 2 years of experience in selling, project management or installation of advanced lighting control systems required
* Prior employment with commercial lighting manufacturer or distributor experience preferred
* Minimum 1 year of project management experience with project sizes greater than $250K to $1m in annual scope preferred
* (based on experience)
Willingness and ability to travel, up to 60% of the time locally and domestically * Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V