Advanced Manufacturing Engineer 8/25/2016
Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Eastman Kodak Company is looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Dayton, OH.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is located in the Supply Operations organization of Kodak s Enterprise Inkjet Systems Division. The principal charter of this group is to provide engineering support to on-going manufacturing in the Kodak Dayton Ohio facility. This includes improvement of manufacturing processes to increase yields, collaborating with Ru0026amp;D in the transfer of new products to production; qualification of fixtures and tooling necessary for fabrication of high precision assemblies. In this assignment the successful applicant will be expected to interact effectively with individuals representing sustaining engineering, quality assurance, and production personnel. The Manufacturing Engineer will also participate in design reviews to assess manufacturability and assembly capability of new products and designs going through commercialization. Good written and verbal communication skills in formal and informal settings are essential.
Scope of work requires the following:
* Process improvement/stabilization and production support to Operations
* Support on-going operations to address assembly problems, supplier quality, in-process metrology, tooling and fixture issues.
* Prepare, ECO, and maintain up to date documentation (i.e. written procedures, test plans, etc.) for product build
* Conduct manufacturability reviews of new and existing designs
* Evaluate parts and subsystems and develop target production costs and tooling estimates
* Support opportunities for Unit Manufacturing costreductions
* Interface with the multi-functional teams including, sustaining engineering and QA to address on-going manufacturing issues, supplier quality, and field problems
* Manage part and subsystem CAD documentation and BOM s (Bill of Material) post commercialization
* BSME with 3-5 years manufacturing engineering experience
* Demonstrated ability to work with Ru0026amp;D organization to develop andcommercialize new products
* Interface with suppliers and Ru0026amp;D in effort to develop new and more cost effective advanced technologies
* Experience in the concepts of designing for manufacturability
* Ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve complex problems
* Solid understanding of fundamental mechanical engineering skills - statistical tolerancing, GDu0026amp;T, and metrology methods and practices
* Understanding and analyzing production quality measurement data using graphs and statistics including SPC
* Implementation of capital and non-capital projects
* Experience with computer software tools for the engineering environment, i.e. Microsoft applications Excel/Word/Project PC applications
* Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment and cross functional boundaries
* Quality conscious with an attention to detail and ability to follow through
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.