Advanced Manufacturing Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Automotive Manufacturing Company located in Detroit, MI
Local candidates only.
Excellent compensation and benefits.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage multiple engineering projects that support plant operations. These projects will range from process development, machine specifications, labor estimates, and tool development.
* Represent our client in a professional manner with customers and suppliers at all levels of their organization
* Interface with the customer and vendors for technical issues
* Take initiatives from senior leadership
* Present several solutions and strategies to management in a professional manner
* Understanding of all aspects of business including quality, materials and maintenance
* Understands operations (Sequencing/sub -assembly, shipping and receiving)
* Follow and improve business systems
* Work very closely with the other engineers to ensure continuity
* Customer focused
* Able to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Automotive industry experience of 10years
* Bachelors of Science in Mechanical , Manufacturing Engineering or other related degrees.
* At least 5years of experience in interiors manufacturing (preferably instrument panel) and demonstrated success as a person who solves problems
* 2years' experience with the APQP system.
* Above average PC skills which would include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Solid communication skills, written and verbal
* Knowledge of TS 16949 quality system
* Supervisory experience in the manufacturing field is preferred
* Have been a part of a product launch