Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an immediate opening for an ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER. This position is responsible for manufacturing process development for new product introductions. This position will also be responsible for participating in and leading projects targeted towards improving cost, quality, delivery, and safety. Must be able to: 1) work independently with minimal supervision, 2) balance workload with multiple priorities, and 3) take multiple paths to resolve issues, including using own technical skills up to contacting/scheduling/overseeing external service providers
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Develop, document, and implement manufacturing methods needed to produce new products
* Design and implement manufacturing tooling to improve workplace safety, workstation ergonomics, operator productivity and product quality
* Review engineering changes and take appropriate measures to ensure all product documentation for the affected operations (methods, BOM's, test procedures, etc) are updated to support the change prior to release to production.
* Analyze, report and optimize production cost structure.
* Develop and implement changes in operational workflow as needed to improve and accelerate the flow of product through the facility.
* Plan, manage, track and report capital and expenses related to AME portion of projects.
* Participate in DFMEA review, facilitate PFMEA and DFM reviews
* Develop, document, implement and update standard operating procedures across all areas of responsibility.
* Identify, define, document and share best manufacturing engineering practices.
* Support the development of global manufacturing engineering standards.
* Partner with internal resources to develop capable equipment suppliers.
BS degree in science and engineering or comply with local HR policies.
* 4 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Knowledge of Industrial engineering and lean manufacturing principle.
* 2D and 3D mechanical (tool/fixture/cell) design experience desired.
* Six sigma trained or certified preferred.
* Proficient in MS office software.
* New product launch and project management experience.
* Strong hands-on problem solving skills.
* Strong test equipment development experience.
* Knowledge of health, safety, ergonomics and environmental regulations and practice.
* Self-motivated, organized, team oriented, and creative.