Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* Work with Design Engineers and plants Manufacturing/Quality engineers to assure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) at component and assembly levels through New Product Development (NPD) milestone processes.
* Work with plants Mfg/Quality Engineers and Production leaders in developing robust PFMEA, innovative jig/fixture/gaging/EOL tester design/development, fool-proof in-process quality control system, 1-pcs flow U-cell assembly mfg layout with 80+% line balance, capacity & production ramp-up plan, and Assembly Quality Plan (AQP) through NPD to assure on time smooth new product production launch and on-going product quality at competitive costs and with justifiable adequate investment.
* Work with AME motor/tooling/process engineers & plants component mfg process engineers to assure component Design-for-Manufacturability (i.e. GD&T, mfg processes, tooling) & keep up Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) features 6-sigma scorecard (i.e. gaging, GRR & Process capability CP/CPk studies) integrity from MS1 and onward.
* Work with plant mfg/quality engineers, sourcing and material/production controllers to assure on-time ESL/MSL/Pilot builds.
* Work with plants Sourcing and New Product Sourcing (NPS) on NPD product cost & investment development & keep it updated from MS1 and onward.
* Lead product & component MvMvB studies with NPD program manager, Finance & NPS at MS1~2 to assure Total Cost benefits to our company.
* Willingness to travel internationally (estimate 25+% annually) in working with global manufacturing plants & suppliers.
* BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material Engineering related or equivalent Degree.
* 5+ years of hands-on jig/fixture/gauging/tooling/tester design & development experiences for high volume component and assembly manufacturing production environment.
* 3 years experience in dynamic cross-function global New Product Development project management.
* Proven records of Lean 6-sigma DMAIC practice and statistical process trouble shooting & process improvement skill.
* Experience in assembly mfg & other automation (i.e. PLC, sensors, ADC/DAC, pneumatic, hydraulic, close-loop control..) is a plus.
* Thorough component GD&T, metrology and gaging experiences is a plus.
* Proactive project management in an Organized Professional manner in given time constraints.
* High integrity, Good work ethic with Self motivated & positive can-do attitude.
* Analytical, Open-Minded & Teamwork orientated at highly dynamic working environment.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.