Advanced Network Engineer 8/25/2016
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Advanced Network Engineer candidates to support the USDA at Fort Collins, CO
* Coordinates and performs pre-installation and installation of hardware, software, systems or services associated with the implementation of an approved design or plan.
* Maintains the availability of the APHIS hardware, software, systems or services on a day-to-day basis. This includes monitoring and tracking of availability and performance. Works with APHIS staff and vendors to resolve issues.
* Communicates with and coordinates the assistance from other IT staff members, vendors and service providers to resolve problems as needed.
* Monitors, analyzes, and communicates hardware, software, systems, or services performance impacts with the Department (USDA staff), other USDA Agencies, State and Local Governments, Local Exchange Carriers, and equipment and service vendors to minimize the risk of adverse impacts to any of the involved organizations.
* Tests and recommends new hardware, software, systems or services to meet program needs, develops specifications for IT acquisitions, and assesses impacts of new technologies on the APHIS infrastructure.
* Communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and timeframes for completion.
* Documents and prepares reports, maintain records of work accomplishments, and provides other administrative information as needed.
* Plans and coordinates resources to gather needed information to assist APHIS in making decisions on major work problems and new issues.
* Only cybersecurity configurations approved by the Information Security Branch (ISB) will be implemented. Such approval shall come only from the Information System Security Program Manager (ISSPM), the Deputy ISSPM, or the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
* Build, configure, test and ensure all APHIS equipment is IPV6 ready and capable.
* Provide data that indicates readiness for IPV6 including configuration, IP subnetting plan, and verification of equipment support.
* Produce documentation on recommendations for such technologies as routing protocols, multicast routing, MPLS and IPV6 along with general design configurations.
* Provide new optimized and reliable network configurations in accordance with APHIS policies.
* Provide network knowledge on how to achieve better performance, improved cybersecurity posture and more reliability of enterprise systems.
* Coordinate all tasks in accordance with documented procedures for implementing new technologies in a production environment.
* Participate in weekly project meetings as required to provide feedback on all aspects of improvements.
* Provide all necessary information concerning service impacts with new services or recommended upgrades.
* Adhere to and enforce all relevant APHIS Network cybersecurity policies and procedures.
* Serve as an SME on all network engineering matters on emerging technology to managing every detail of APHIS network engineering integrations.
* Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate for Routing and Switching.
* Has extensive knowledge and experience with Static Routing, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGPv4, ODR, GRE, MPLS, IPv6, Traffic Engineering, Policy Based Routing PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization
* Expert technical knowledge of Switching & Bridging including but not limited to Catalyst CatOS and IOS based Switches, VTP, STP, MST, RSTP+, Trunking, VLANs, Layer 3 Switches, Logical Ether Channels, Transparent Bridging, IRB, CRB, DLSW+, MLS, Cisco Nexus (VPC), Cisco Catalyst 6k (VSS)
* Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN networks and tools including but not limited to Ethernet, FastEthernet, GigabitEthernet, Channelized lines (E1 / T1 / E3 / T3), access, metropolitain and long-haul networks such as Sonet, DWDM
* Extensive knowledge of design and configuration of carious feature and services including HSRP, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, DNS, HTTP, TFTP and FTP Management, IPv6 projects, RAS Solutions, Cisco CNR (DNS & DHCP server)
* Expert level of knowledge of QOS including WRED, Queuing features, FRTP, CAR, RTP, MLS QoS, LLQ, Policy Based Routing, CBWFQ
* Expert technical knowledge of Multicast routing in an enterprise environment for Auto RP, Bootstrap RP, Anycast RP, IGMP, CGMP, Multicast Security, Shared & shortest path models
* Has good writing, oral, and presentations skills
* 10 plus years of managing enterprise or carrier class networks