Advanced Practice Professional - APP - Pulmonology Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with physicians to provide examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and episodic disorders.
The Nurse Practitioner provides the care and treatment of patients within the scope of practice defined and agreed to by medicine, nursing, and administration. An incumbent seeks the expert opinion or advice of a physician whenever the incumbent decides a case falls outside the scope authorized by policies and protocol. The Nurse Practitioner plans and implements and a physician reviews and confirms health care goals for patients.
The Nurse Practitioner remains responsible for the patient throughout the course of the treatment, provides the physical examination, the diagnosis, and the health care plan, determines when the patient has recovered, and releases the patient. The Nurse Practitioner may refer the patient to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment but retains responsibility for clinical management as well as any subsequent modification.
* Assumes ongoing responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
* Performs complete physical examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and examinations.
* Diagnoses and treats both chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise normal processes such as pregnancy or childhood development.
* Establishes and documents the health care plan and prognosis, maintaining records of each case that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
* Initiates drug therapy, taking responsibility for such therapy when performed prior to consultation with a physician.
* Determines when the patient has recovered from the disorder and releases the patient.
* Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
* Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
* Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Masters Degree graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
* Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred