Advanced Practice Research RN (Part-Time) - Behavioral & Communication Sciences 8/10/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Masters degree in nursing, documentation of completion of accredited Advanced Practice Education Program, and three (3) years general nursing experience, required. Licensure and/or certification as Registered Nurse and an Advanced Practice Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas, and a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA), also required. Previous clinical research experience highly desirable.
1. Obtains and interprets laboratory tests according to departmental and research protocols.
2. May perform physical exams according to departmental and research protocols.
3. Develops and implements patient management plans, following nursing processes and procedures identified in standing orders and in keeping with research protocols.
4. Recognizes deviations from normal in-body systems and refers to appropriate medical/social resources.
5. Initiates and manages research-related healthcare services.
6. Provides relevant counseling and education to patients and significant others within role limitations.
7. Facilitates teamwork through planned group processes, i.e. workshops, seminars, and staff meetings.
8. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subject research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
Working with patients in the Hepatitis clinic who are evaluated and treated for Hepatitis C
5- 10 hours per week
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..