Advanced Product Quality Sr Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a ADVANCED PRODUCT QUALITY SENIOR MANAGER opening to join our GPO ORGANIZATION.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Deploy Quality KPI metrics to assigned global new architecture development programs
* Facilitate platform level QFD development ensuring unique customer requirements are both understood and address for all regions.
* Partner with subsystem engineers and Product approval engineers to develop test plans and targets to ensure delivery of quality KPI's
* Facilitate system level DFMEA development focusing on the reuse of knowledge to identify failure modes and ensure the reuse of best practices for detection and prevention
* Coordinate the collection and delivery of CPM data from global manufacturing plants and suppliers for use in tolerance stacks and system models.
* Ensure the use of test coverage best practices in the project scope to design in test coverage in the product and process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Four yearBachelor's degree from an Accredited University in Mechanical, Industrial, Process or related Engineering field. Master's degreepreferred but not required.
* 7+ years hands-on engineering experience with emphasis on Product & Process development, improvement & characterization.
* Demonstrated excellent working knowledge of APQP tools especially QFD, DVP, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Process Control Plan.
* Experience in the Appliance industry is preferred (Refrigeration, Cooking, Laundry, Dishwashers, etc.). Other industries considered.
* Black Belt / OPEX, Statistical Analysis (SPC) and use of problem solving tools (8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide, etc.)
* Motivated to drive organizational engagement through a can-do attitude and effective relationship building and teamwork skills
* Ability to influence & interact as a lead player, apply critical thinking and make decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple quality projects with minimum supervision
* A willingness and ability to travel globally.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.