Advanced Quality Metrology Technician 9/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Advanced Quality Metrology Technician is a vital part of a growing Quality Metrology team. This team is responsible for supporting accurate, timely measurement and data collection across the entire array of Milwaukee Tool products through the entire life cycle.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
* Comprehend blueprints with advanced GD&T callouts on a wide variety of components with complex geometries (i.e. external housings and internal components of any METCO product)
* Quickly and effectively translate blueprints into measurement strategies using a variety of measurement tools including Optical and Touch Probe CMMs, Optical Comparators, manual gages. This position will specifically require the hands on programming of a Zeiss CMM running Calypso, Mitutoyo running MCosmos, or OGP running MeasureMind as well as several other automated or software driven measurement tools.
* Understand and execute various levels of Metrology System Analysis including Repeatability, Reproducibility, multivariate Gage R&R, and Tool Correlation. Actively participate in Gage Calibration System with understanding of calibration methods and preventive maintenance.
* Collect and communicate data through a variety of software and user interfaces including MS Excel, Quality SPC software, and Database data entry. Ability to perform some level of data analysis is also a deliverable, including effective presentation of data.
* Communicate with engineers about their experimental intent and provide data that will satisfy Design of Experiment or experimental intention of engineers.
* Experience with writing work instructions and proficient at reading, comprehending, and executing actions of work instructions.
* Understand and utilize Technical Problem Solving methods to work through problems or issues.
* Know and practice the 5 S's for industrial housekeeping.
* Operate lab equipment and gages properly and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
Career Growth Opportunities:
* Learn new measurement instruments & software and remain on the forefront of measurement technology.
* Grow design intent experience and blueprint drawing GD&T skills.
* Delve into manufacturing methodologies and advance machining/prototyping.
* Future possibilities in mechatronics & automation, State-of-the-art In-Situ Metrology.
Valued Skills, Experience, & Education:
* 5+ years Quality assurance, quality control experience or scientific data collection experience.
* Experience reading prints and using gages required.
* Computer experience and experience using SPC techniques helpful.
* Associate's Degree in a directly related area.
* Bachelor's degree desired.
Behaviors, Values, Competencies, Passion:
* Teamwork: Works in team setting, aware of others and can cover others when needed.
* Leadership: Knows how to lead and build consensus.
* Intellectual curiosity and humility: Interested in new individual and team challenges.
* Focus and Execution: can self-motivate and remain focused for high-output.
* Gritty & Agile: Stick with tough problems to drive solution, moves to the next problem quickly.
* Deals with Ambiguity: Able to react to change effectively and handle other tasks as assigned.