Search (SEM) Product Manager - Media
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/12/2016
Time Warner Cable
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
This is an exciting time to join our team! Time Warner Cable Media is now Spectrum Reach. Spectrum Reach, the merger and power of three great companies Spectrum Reach (Charter), Time Warner Cable and Bright House Media Strategies, will create tremendous new advertising and marketing opportunities for our clients across the country. Our ambition is to be the marketing platform of choice for advertisers in our markets. With national scale and an unmatched commitment to innovation, we are well positioned to deliver a powerful combination of innovative ad products and services to help our clients achieve their objectives.
The Search Product Manager will be instrumental in implementing Spectrum Reach s digital product vision and strategy by managing existing and new vendors along with implementing new portfolio capabilities. This role will help fuel all of our growing digital advertising business and requires an individual with a strong understanding of vendor interfacing, contract management, product experience management, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and performance criteria of customer-facing search applications. This individual will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders including: advertisers, agencies, sales, marketing, finance, engineering and operations to drive product development and enable sales successes
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage vendor relationships for current and new advertising inventory suppliers including; search, video, mobile, location services, and creative vendors. This includes managing weekly vendor meetings, evaluating product experience, implementing product workflow optimizations, and improving the product experience.
* Responsible for evaluation and perspective on new technologies, trends and industry best practices across the digital advertising landscape. Work in leveraging online specific and cross platform data and insights, from third party and internally developed proprietary sources to define success metrics and improve sell-through.
* Collaborate with Product Marketing to define value proposition, positioning, data/insight integration, collateral development and launch activities.
* Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, and ad operations to enable multi-functional go-to market training, execution and sales success.
* Partner with HR to help develop training and certification materials for sales activation. Refine materials based on inputs from Field Activation and training teams.
* Coordinate with Finance team and sales to support budget development, long and short term sales planning, forecasts, tracking and operating metrics. Also support product leads in overseeing virtual P&L management.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* 5+ years of experience in Product Management or Development, with search engine marketing, online directory, mobile location service platforms or equivalent ad products in media, agency or technology company.
* A sophisticated understanding of local online advertising is required.
* Strong Search industry presence and awareness through participation in industry trade organizations, client councils, and other industry networking events.
* Preference will be given towards Google Adwords certificate holders.
* A demonstrated passion for building products is needed.
* Deep technical understanding of Search and Online Video technologies.
* Proven analytical skills and the ability to identify customer needs and communicate them to stakeholders.
* Excellent verbal and written business communication skills and proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with multiple departments and vendors.
* Great process and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to think and act creatively, strategically and tactically.
Bachelor s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00449 - NYC 1633 Broadway
Job Code: TWCAMK800 Mgr, Marketing Exempt