Advertising Account Executive Media (Portland, ME)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
TWC Media / Spectrum Reach currently seeks an Advertising Account Executive for our Portland, ME Media market.The Advertising Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting, selling and growing a base of local clients and agencies purchasing advertising on our 100+ cable TV networks, and our digital audience network of our online websites. We re looking for an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, a passion for advertising and a devotion to delivering the absolute best strategies for our Media clients!
This is an exciting time to join our team! Time Warner Cable Media is now Spectrum Reach. The merger and power of three great companies Spectrum Reach (Charter), Time Warner Cable and Bright House Media Strategies is creating tremendous new advertising and marketing opportunities for our clients across the country. Our plan is to be the marketing platform of choice for advertisers in all our markets. With national scale and an unmatched commitment to innovation, we are positioned to deliver a powerful combination of innovative advertising products and services to help our clients achieve their objectives.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
* Get results for our advertisers
* Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling.
* Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business, growing revenue and servicing accounts.
* Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new products and services
* Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required.
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity with focus on solution based selling and digital product inclusion.
* Maintain rate and product integrity to ensure maximum company profitability.
* Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target client specific needs
* Prepare and present media proposals to new and existing customers, driving new business as well as growing existing customers.
Essential Job Competencies:
* You should be able to demonstrate a record of success in your sales career to date.
* You should be able to research, build and sell advertising schedules that will get results.
* You should have a deep knowledge of how advertising works and how great, targeted advertising can grow your client s sales and bottom line.
* You should be able to explain the strengths and weaknesses of all media types and help your customers make smart choices.
* You should be a vigorous and engaged prospector seeking out new customers every day, able to uncover client needs and present advertising plans to get results. At the same time you will be skilled at building deep lasting relationships to foster annual, long term business.
* Understanding of digital eco-system.
* Know how digital platforms work together
* Deep market knowledge of online and digital marketplace:
* Ability to explain complex digital media features in simple terms
* Understand how businesses consume and use social media.
* Ability to keep up with industry advances.
* Able to generate enthusiasm around digital solutions.
* Continuously works to stay current and expand market knowledge of advertising opportunities among digital platforms & emerging products
* Demonstrates an understanding of how digital is influencing and changing traditional methods of marketing
* Knowledge of and ability to apply online digital advertising and identify optimal product mix to meet customer needs.
* Understands consumer research. Able to analyze, synthesize and communicate it to the client.
* Understanding of the competition in the marketplace
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 3 years experience in local broadcast, cable, on-line or print media sales with a minimum of two years experience in digital media required. Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills required and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of advertising sales software preferred.
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver s License and safe driving record.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: ADNE
Controlling Establishment ID: 00341 - Latham Century Hill Dr
Job Code: TWCAAE040 Account Executive Exempt