Advertising Operations Product Support Specialist 9/16/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Cox Automotive seeks an Advertising Operations Product Support Specialist for their Atlanta, Georgia office.
The Advertising Operations Product Support Specialists work closely with the Kelley Blue Book product teams to concept, research, develop, implement and optimize advertising product opportunities on kbb.com. Specialists are also responsible for training other supporting teams within the Operations division.
* Actively involved throughout the ad product development lifecycle, focused on delivering high quality ad executions that are operationally supportable and meet the growing needs of our business; including, but not limited to GPT ad tagging best practice, Yieldex compliance, viewability, creative best practices and minimizing 3rd party billing discrepancies.
* Vet out existing system capabilities to support ad product requirements.
* Work closely with Solutions team to vet new capabilities, vendor or internally developed, to fill a business need that may not be supported currently.
* Develop support plans for new and revised ad products, allowing for ongoing fulfillment within our Ad Operations Ad Contract Management and Traffic teams.
* Work closely with the Ad Production and User Experience teams to ensure flawless execution on custom RFP launches.
* Keep up-to-date on changes in the marketplace, researching technology providers and industry trends.
* Liaison between Engineering, Product, User Experience and the broader Ad Operations teams on site and product development.
* Provide guidance to Engineering on GPT ad tag implementation aligned with best practices.
* Provide UAT on all ad-related stories during deployment cycle.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Experience with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) advertisement server
* Fundamental understanding of publisher side advertisement tagging procedures and best practices
* Comfortable working with cross-departmental teams while balancing and delivering on multiple projects and tasks
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, while providing proactive communication to stakeholders
* Clear and concise communication, with the ability to explain complex technical issues to multiple audiences of varying technical background
* Understanding of backend advertisement server framework, algorithms and advertisement tags
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to recommend improvements in trafficking, QA and 3rd party troubleshooting processes
* Knowledge of dynamic advertising functionality and use
* Analytical skills and ability to identify trends in data; deciphering underlying causes
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Understanding of publisher side advertisement tagging procedures and operational best practices
* Experience with various 3rd party rich media advertising vendors; background in development of new product offerings with vendors
* Experience with agile project management in a SCRUM environment
* Moderate experience with audience segmentation and behavioral targeting campaign
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing