Sr. Advocacy Manager, Public Affairs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Senior Director, Public Affairs, this role is responsible for relationship and coalition building among a variety of worldwide stakeholders. The position will support advocacy initiatives for Gilead s antiviral product and pipeline programs with a specific emphasis in the areas of HCV testing, linkage to care and elimination, as well as awareness and treatment of emerging therapeutic areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide operational support to the Senior Director in relation to advocacy.
* Coordinate advocacy activities, including logistics planning for advocacy meetings
* Provide regular advocacy-related communications to advocacy groups via social media, email, and other communications platforms
* Support and enhance cross-department/function advocacy efforts, providing training and capacity-building where needed
* Identify allies and build partnerships with the policy influencing stakeholder community to advance mutual goals
* Work closely with Access Operations and Emerging Markets (AOEM) to understand and align on global grant funding priorities and opportunities
* Work in partnership with Medical Affairs and Government Affairs teams to engage advocates on relevant policy topics
* Collaborate and periodically participate as a member of cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies and programs to meet company goals.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Strong knowledge and experience working with the media is essential.
* Strong collaborative and verbal communications skills are necessary, as this position requires frequent interaction with other Gilead departments, senior management, and the media.
* Must have strong experience with public relations tactics and resources and the relationship of those tactics to other department roles and functions, including marketing, medical affairs and investor relations.
* Additionally, the Manager must have a strong familiarity with FDA and SEC regulations and the application of those regulations to moderately complex corporate communications.
* Experience evaluating, selecting and working with external vendors and independently managing timelines and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
* A strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry is necessary.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
* Typically requires a BA degree in communications, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field and minimum 8+ years of relevant experience, which includes 6-8+ years of experience specific to this position.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :