Aerobiology Engineering Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Part-Time Aerobiology Engineering Technician for USAMRIID in Frederick, MD! This position is will end in December of 2016 and this individual will work two days a week.
ClinicalRM is a full service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in preclinical through Phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe, and respond rapidly to global health crises.
The Aerobiology Engineering Technician will provide expert-level mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering support to facilitate the design and maintenance of aerosol exposure equipment. They will test and design new equipment, execute scientific studies, analyze data, and maintain laboratory equipment.
* Generate, characterize and sample biological aerosols to support pathogenesis and medical countermeasure studies against biothreat agents. All laboratory tasks shall be conducted under the guidance of a study Principal Investigator and under the authority of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and in compliance with GLP standards
* Using Mechanical CAD or similar software, produce drawings to scale. Workload is approximately 10-20 drawings per year.
* Develop and build mechanical and electrical systems to support the development of the next-generation aerosol exposure technology. Work on electronics (voltage, current, impedance) and electronic system assembly. Use pneumatic flow control, measurement, and airflow circuit assembly. Identify, recommend, and interact with vendors for electronic and pneumatic equipment. Program in LabView and similar environments. Total workload is approximately 50-100 systems per year.
* Assemble, maintain and troubleshoot aerosol systems to support medical countermeasure studies. Deconstruct and maintain approximately 50-60 systems and/or 500 system components per year.
* Perform and supervise biological decontamination procedures for Class III biosafety cabinets post-aerosol. Typical workload is approximately 50-60 decontaminations per year.
* Hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
* BS degree in engineering or biomedical sciences.
* Minimum of 4yr of experience using CAD
* Must be a US Citizen.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer