Aerospace Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking an AEROSPACE SALES MANAGER that will lead and manage an inside sales staff which interfaces daily with outside sales, operations, supply chain and product management to create highly valued customer solutions in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Drive the performance of the sales team to effectively and efficiently execute sales quotas and forecasts
* Maintain and promote a successful and positive work environment; provide coaching and counseling to direct reports
* Deliver excellent customer service - measure customer satisfaction to maintain and improve performance, quality and timeliness
* Implement metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, to continuously improve performance of the inside sales team
* Motivate the team to adapt and deliver against multiple priorities, without losing sight of strategic objectives
* Plan for resources, team structure and capability and to enable excellent execution
* Drive booking and sales forecast for allocated area of responsibility
* Implement company strategies throughout the team
* Build strong internal relationships with subject matter experts
* Be the front-line customer solution provider for the Team
* Lead process improvement projects
* Manage pricing proposals and negotiations
* Completed Bachelor's Degree
* 7+ years of Sales or Business Development experience within an industrial setting
* 3+ years of management experience, including developing teams
* Experience analyzing and managing sales data to create forecasts and proactively manage all stakeholders to match expectations
* Experience with multiple types of government and commercial quotations and orders
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Knowledge of aerospace industry and markets to help leverage organizational advantage
* Strong record of success operating in an industrial, business-to-business customer service environment
* Proven ability to drive resolution of problems both internally and externally
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience
* Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience (Oracle desired)
* Knowledgeable on governmental or contractual security requirements or regulations in the aerospace industry
* Experience in change initiatives; demonstrating an enthusiasm for new ideas, processes and methods
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._