This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
The Agent Coordinator performs the responsibilities of the Agent Desk including contracting and appointing agents, providing excellent customer service and support to external agents/agencies and internal departments, maintenance of agent files and systems, and verification of agent information.
Key Qualifications and Experience Needed for Success:
* Experience using a variety of personal computer software applications to perform general administrative functions. Experience should include Intermediate Excel, Intermediate Word, email and calendaring software.
* General office practices and procedures.
* Process detailed data in an accurate manner.
* Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
* Proven critical thinking skills.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels both internally and externally.
* Exercise sound judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
* Identify and prioritize workload to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and demonstrated multi-tasking capability.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Degree in Business or similar field with zero to two years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior agent contracting work related experience preferred.
* Processes agent appointment and affiliation requests which include the state appointment, agent contracting, validation of agent licenses and proof of Errors and Omissions insurance.
* Monitors and processes all agent demographic changes and agent of record changes.
* Monitors agent licensing and renewals of Errors and Omissions insurance. Follows department procedures for notification of lapsed licensing or Errors and Omissions, agent suppression, and completes agent terminations when appropriate.
* Processes term & transfer agreements between two or more agents/agencies, including working with all parties to ensure what portion of the business is being sold and that the transaction adheres to all Department of Insurance regulations.
* Ensures the agent appointment process is administered effectively in full compliance with rules and regulations of each applicable State Department of Insurance that Cambia operates in.
* Participates and works with the State Department of Insurance on audits of agent information and compliance with State regulatory requirements.
* Researches, documents and communicates resolutions to external and internal business partners for all inquiries regarding the agent appointment and maintenance processes.
* Meets or exceeds all stated performance production quality and throughput metrics.
* Contributes to company quality initiatives and encourages process improvements that strengthen team and departmental activities.
* Provides written and oral status reports on all assigned tasks, including problem identification and resolution, changes in delivery dates, and all related activity in an accurate and timely manner.
* Actively participates in establishment and maintenance of policies and procedures related to Agent Desk activities.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.