Agile Coach 9/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Salesforce has one of the best regarded Agile at scale stories in the industry and we continuously seek to improve and push boundaries. Are you interested in shaping a highly effective agile software and infrastructure organization* Are you excited about the opportunity to influence others* Are you passionate about cutting edge ways to create and innovate* If your answer is yes to any of these questions, this is your opportunity to join the innovative and dynamic Technology team at Salesforce, the market leader in on-demand computing.
As an Agile Coach within our Technology and Products Organization, you will coach and influence at all levels. You will drive increased agility, throughput, predictably, innovation, and quality across an enterprise organization. You will be using cutting edge Agile methods and tools to enable teams to rapidly deliver functionality that drives customer satisfaction.
* Be highly entrepreneurial. Influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on Agile principles, values, how to build, grow, and maintain a thriving agile organization at scale.
* Design and support full Agile transformation roll-outs.
* Provide Agile Leadership coaching and training to ScrumMasters, Product Owners, functional managers, and executives.
* Collaborate directly with software and operations teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
* Deliver hands-on coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum and kanban - daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, limiting wip, etc.
* Expose our technology teams to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community to increase agility, leveraging lean, scrum, kanban, and other agile thinking.
* Create Enterprise wide initiatives: internal certification (SM, PO).
* Clearly define enterprise-wide guidelines (e.g, DoD, SM, and PO qualifications and responsibilities).
* Ensure strong organizational information flow (scaling the coach).
* Create, launch, and facilitate Agile collaborative groups, Communities of Practice, and Agile Working Groups.
* Continuously develop potential and existing coaches impacting all levels of the organization.
* Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods.
* Coach teams and management towards improving Agile process and metrics, evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, developers, and testers.
* Create, build, and deliver customized Agile training.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and/or work experience.
* 5+ years experience in technology organizations.
* 3+ years of large-scale Agile coaching experience with methods such as XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban.
* Hands-on experience applying lean/Agile methodologies within infrastructure, hardware, and operational environments.
* Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization.
* Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies.
* Senior Agile Leadership skills with an ability to lead by example and challenge command and control behaviors.
* Excellent presentation and training skills.
* Certified ScrumMaster and Product Owner or equivalent.
* Application of Agile principles in one or more of these development disciplines: design, development, testing, and management; can relate principles, practices into performing these disciplines in an Agile environment.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.