Agile Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Agile Project Manager
Location : Washington, DC
Contract Duration: 12Months+
LOCALS TO DC/VA/MS ONLY - FACE TO FACE MUST.
PAY: MAX $50-52/HOUR
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to perform agile project management activities for complex, high profile programs and projects, working with cross-functional IT teams and product owners to deliver business solutions; and to provide expert guidance and expertise to self-organizing teams in the areas of agile/iterative planning, agile execution techniques, and cross-team coordination.
The position's essential duties include the following:
* Performs agile project management activities including planning, execution, tracking and reporting;
* Develops and reports team status and metrics to various stakeholders;
* Coordinates deployments and ensures compliance with change control procedures;
* Works as a Scrum Master, conducts and effectively participates in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, sprint reviews and retrospectives;
* Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition;
* Scales Scrum to large project teams using techniques such as "scrum of scrums" to allow clusters of teams to discuss their work, focusing especially on areas of overlap and integration;
* Leads the development and maintenance of team standards, tools, and best practices;
* Identifies and removes impediments, prevents distractions;
* Takes the leadership role in cultivating robust and sustainable working relationships between business and technology teams.
* Fosters an environment of cross-team collaboration and teamwork;
* Serves as a coach for other Scrum Masters and Agile Project Managers;
* Facilitates team self-organization and self-management rather than traditional command-control/directed styles;
* Encourages an environment where the team drives progress and feels ownership for its success;
* Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution;
* Leads the establishment of internal review processes and technical standards;
* Develops training programs, documents, and materials;
* Develop and maintains a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by software systems;
* May document business requirements;
* Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and change control activities;
* Represents the IT department in coordination with other departments;
* Manages outsourced work, consultants, vendors, and relationships.
Type of Experience Years of Experience
* Demonstrated experience with increasingly complex software development initiatives 7-10years
* Hands-on experience in requirements analysis and technical documentation 3-5years
* Experience as a project manager of increasingly complex software development initiatives 6-8years
* Experience as a Scrum Master and/or as a project manager in an Agile environment 3-5years
* Experience managing contractors, consultants and./or vendors 3-5years
* Experience coaching and mentoring Scrum Masters or project managers 3-5years
* Experience developing and managing project budgets 3-5years
* Experience with Microsoft Project
Note: In addition, this is desiredexperience.
* Experience with application life-cycle development tools and techniques
* Experience with software process improvement
* Experience with software development
* Preparing and delivering information in a concise, professionally written format
* Preparing and presenting information to staff in an informal setting
* Working in teams, task forces, etc.
* Strong analytical skills for vetting project issues and cross-team logistical challenges
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
* Strong planning and process improvement skills
* Excellent communication, leadership and conflict resolution skills
* Expert knowledge in the successful application of agile and lean techniques
* Proficiency in Lean/Agile/Scrum tools: packaged and/or ad-hoc tools and techniques
* Strong written communication and presentation skills
* In-depth knowledge of Scrum framework
* Ability to lift 15 to 25 pounds
* Organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to lift 15 - 25 pounds
* General computer and presentation skills