Agile Scrum Master
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Frontier Technology Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAGILE SCRUM MASTER - HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA OR CHESAPEAKE, VIRGINIA
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking an experienced Agile Scrum Master to provide project leadership to an existing project in the Huntsville, Alabama or Chesapeake, Virginia area.
Frontier Technology Inc. s Operational Decision Solutions (ODS) organization helps customers make informed, intelligent decisions using the FTI tools and techniques that transform data into actionable information and solutions. From developing sensor and software programs, to meeting the ever-growing challenge of big data with analytical tools for large data sets, FTI has been at the forefront in originating the methods industry uses to analyze, predict and improve operations. ODS has tools and techniques to assure that the certified data is accessible to the user community in a timely manner. As an originator of process-based certification and data tracking/management techniques applicable to large (Terabyte) and small (Megabyte) data sets, we provide the most advanced services available in this category. See our website for more information: ODS Home.
Currently, an opening exists for an experienced Agile Scrum Master to support and deliver solutions for clients in the defense industry.
Duties will include:
* Facilitate planning for sprints, features, and larger technical initiatives; serve as a facilitator for Product Owners and the development/engineering team and focus teams to deliver value quickly through iterations
* Deliver and facilitate effective and efficient Agile ceremonies including weekly stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
* Identify and remove impediments, control distractions as well as facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
* Coach and enact continuous improvement within the team to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
* Ensure appropriate consistency and coordination between delivery teams; help the team converge on consistent capacity and performance metrics
* Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
* Develop and track Earned Value Management metrics and use them to achieve committed goals; analyze and present the data in a fashion that helps all stakeholders achieve delivery and business goals
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress to provide transparency across the client company
* Ensure proper documentation using Agile artifacts (product vision statement, product backlog, product roadmap, release progress, sprint backlog, etc.)
Bachelor s in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field, and being a Certified Scrum Master or PMI-ACP.
* Minimum of 5 years experience as an Agile Scrum Master with demonstrated ability to strongly partner with various stakeholders to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an agile environment within large corporate environments.
* Experience in enterprise software scrum team management is required.
* U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance
* The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communications skills.
* The candidate must:
* Demonstrate skills in conflict resolution, issue/barrier management, and escalation management
* Have ability to strongly partner with various stakeholders to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an agile environment within large corporate environments.
* Have required technical expertise including strong skills in Microsoft Excel, SharePoint and Project.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D