Aging Services Underwriting Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCNA HAS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR AN UNDERWRITING TECHNICIAN TO JOIN OUR HEALTHCARE - AGING SERVICES TEAM IN CHICAGO, IL. As a market leader with over 100 years of experience and an A rating for financial strength, we understand the multitude of challenges and unique exposures of the financial industry. Our sustained market presence and expert underwriting, risk control, and claim staff provide the knowledge and insight needed to evaluate complex financial institutions risks. CNAs unparalleled service, expertise and comprehensive products are designed to meet our insureds property, casualty and specialty insurance needs.
The Underwriting Associate (UA) contributes to the success of the underwriting organization by partnering with Underwriters and Policy Service Representatives to drive growth, improve profitability, retain accounts and service producers.
The UA is responsible for providing Underwriters with information necessary to make prudent underwriting decisions and to support the underwriting lifecycle from pre-submission through policy issuance and renewal (marketing, underwriting analysis, sales, service and administrative).
Acts as an integral member of the Underwriting team by providing support within established performance standards and priorities. Ensures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service focus, quality and timelines.
* Partners with Underwriters to establish support needs for new and renewal policies (i.e., identify and gather relevant account information to quote or issue policies)
* Analyzes account specific information and summarizes information and findings for Underwriter review (i.e. loss information, description of operations, financials, risk control reports)
* Researches and provides underwriting analysis of account information and ensures overall regulatory compliance
* Works as a liaison between the field and processing centers to ensure timely account set-up, clearing, rating, issuance and renewal prep activities
* Coordinates account processing and servicing
* Participates in pre-renewal meetings to build renewal schedule of key activities (missing information, updated applications, etc)
* Prepares underwriting/pricing exhibits (updated exposures, rating and pricing worksheets, updated account information)
* Executes pricing strategy on behalf of and in conjunction with the underwriter
* Manages account documentation and ensures file completeness and quality (correspondence, proposals, agreement letters, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
* Communicates with external producers/customers and serves as the first-line point of contact on account related matters (Responds to questions and resolves issues in a timely manner)
* Provides administrative support and participates in ad-hoc activities as needed
Experience with Property and Casualty rating and underwriting
Demonstrated skills in the use of computer systems and various software applications
Collaboration and teamwork Communication (verbal and written)
Organizational and planning skills
Analytical thinking and aptitude for evaluating and interpreting detailed information and data
Ability to independently multi-task and respond to changing business priorities
Demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to interact with a wide-variety of people on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email
Insurance regulatory and technical knowledge
Driven by our commitment to our customers, CNAs winning behaviors (externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning) distinguish us from our competitors. CNA employees exemplify these behaviors in all responsibilities and interactions.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Field Ops North Zone
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.