Agribusiness Relationship Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Maria, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 16081201-FS
KEY WORDS: Agribusiness, Banking, Loans, Business Development, Credit, Sales,
Commercial, Relationship, Portfolio, Underwriting.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Agribusiness Relationship Manager! The Agribusiness Relationship Manager actively develops and participates in a business development program to obtain new loans, deposits, and fee-based business. Cross-sells corporate financial products, including cash management, leasing, and treasury management services with profitability objectives. Works independently and in partnership with Financial Analysts, and/or Relationship Analysts, and oversees underwriting and structuring of loans. Although supported by Analysts, this position is ultimately responsible for credit quality and proper loan structure. Incumbent must understand credit needs of the client, and be able to recommend proper credit structure to meet client's financial needs. Participates in industry groups and community, civic events to promote Bank products and services.
* Basic duties include portfolio management; establishing key relationships; business development; and promotion of the full range of services and products (i.e.: cash management / treasury products, trust services, swaps, etc).
* Manages existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval the bank's credit policy. Follows existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval. Manages delinquencies at an acceptable level.
* Develops a network of prospective-client referral sources through community and business development activities.
* Effectively represents the Bank while calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business and expand client relationships.
* Interviews applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Bank loans.
* Initiates promotion of other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships.
* Develops close working relationship with other divisional partners such as Retail Banking, Commercial Real Estate, GGLD, Trust Services, Global Financial Markets, Equipment Leasing and Treasury Services.
* Makes credit solution recommendations.
* Responsible for the credit underwriting process.
* Responsible for understanding quality of the credit portfolio.
* Timely recognition and reporting of potential credit issues.
* Ensure the credit has accurate risk grading.
* Works closely with credit administrators, Financial or Relationship Analysts, and other support personnel to assure high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval.
* Reviews and approves annual loan reviews completed by Analysts, and ensures reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
* Gives financial and counsel to clients and prospective clients on bank products.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
* Competitive Compensation package
* Comprehensive Benefit package
Undergraduatedegree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Ag related field preferred plus 1year of lending experience, or High School Diploma with minimum of 7+ years progressively responsible experience in lending.
* Must be able to negotiate, structure and underwrite loans; make solid credit recommendations; and manage credit risk.
* Valid Driver's License required or available transportation.
* Proficient with: MS Word and MS Excel.
* Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
* Ability to travel between bank and customer locations and/or commute for training purposes.
* Undergraduatedegree in Business, Accounting, Finance