Agriculture Area Sales Manager 8/21/2016
Rain Bird Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The International Area Sales Manager - AG is responsible for all sales and sales strategies, assisting in setting the direction and achieving the desiredsales results for the Middle East, Eastern Europe and African territories in Agricultural markets.
* Accelerate sales growth by implementing tactics to improve Rain Bird's influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
* Achieve exceptional sales and market share growth through existing Rain Bird agriculture irrigation distributors and quickly develop new accounts.
* Identify, prioritize and pursue agricultural irrigation business opportunities throughout the assigned territory.
* Establish aggressive call coverage cycles on target customers (Ag designers, distributors and agricultural irrigation retailers) with the aim of establishing a loyal Rain Bird Agricultural distributionnetwork.
* Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing greater customer service, a local presence and constant follow up on projects and business opportunities.
* Manage major projects through the different stages (design and specification stage, pricing and installation) and secure them for Rain Bird.
* Educate and train distributors, dealers and growers on Rain Bird Agricultural applications, products, features, benefits, troubleshooting, maintenance etc.
* Develop and maintain an agricultural projects database.
* Successfully develop and execute targeted sales and marketing programs to capture incremental sales.
* Assist Rain Bird customers on after-sales, technical support and quality issues.
* Be the technical expert on irrigation specifications and be a resource to Rain Bird Area Managers in the territory.
* Participation in development of strategic distributor events, tradeshows, and regional events.
* Assist the Agriculture division in determining market needs, competitive information and overall market trends.
* B.A. or B.S. Degree.
* 5+ years of salesexperience in the agricultural industry and a proven ability to sell to large accounts and distributors.
* Strong communication skills, written and oral and general business skills.
* Motivated, results oriented self-starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
* Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation (PowerPoint(tm)) applications.
* Tech savvy individual familiar with connected devices, web and mobile applications.
* This position requires approximately 50+%international travel.
* Agricultural irrigation design and experience.
* MBA or graduatedegree.
* Bilingual in Arabic.
_RAIN BIRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER._