Air Export Agent
The Air, Ocean or Road Operations Agent is responsible for the activities involved with the export and import of air, ocean and / or road shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Air, Ocean, and / or Road Operations Agent position can be broken down into two areas of responsibility: Operational Excellence and Client Relationship.
* Processes shipments as outlined in assigned clients standard operating procedures
* Processes shipments as outlined in UTI standard operating procedures around quoting, client booking, pick-up management, on-handing, shipment available for forwarding, movement, shipment inbound, customs clearance, delivery, and invoicing core processes
* Follows the Operational Data Quality Policy
* Ensures that governmental processes, procedures and activities are performed based on global, country specific and port specific governmental regulations
* Partners with third party service providers to ensure world class, seamless service delivery to the client
* Meets the clients need around shipment bookings, collections, delivery, and shipment updates
* Becomes familiar with assigned clients, including key contacts, unique requirements and operating processes
* Assists in the investigation of billing issues and develops solutions for problems to ensure accurate invoices are provided to the client in a timely manner
* Partners with business units and sales to enhance the client experience and strengthen the client relationship
* Attends local, regional or national training classes or conferences as directed by the product and region/branch management to enhance skills and retain industry knowledge
* Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* 1 Year Experience as a Freight Forwarder AIR EXPORT operator or AIR Operations Agent
* 2 Years' Experience in a role involving extensive client contact
* High School Diploma (or equivalent education)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
Varies by country and role within a country should be defined at country level
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Basic skills in Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English and the local country language
In addition to basic math, must be able to analyze numerical data and understand components
and relationships, find patterns, and draw conclusions.
* Ability to make quick and clear decisions while adapting to changing circumstances
* Ability to work independently, but within the boundaries prescribed by UTi policies and procedures
* Ability to understand the full range of Freight Forwarding services, including order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, and various industry specific requirements
Education and/or Experience
* 1 Year 3PL Experience (US only) preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.