Air Import Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Air Import Agent is responsible for coordination of all aspects of air import shipments worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
Variety of duties, including but not limited to the following:
* Impeccable customer service
* Coordination of all aspects of the arrival (including, but not limited to, billing,
rate quotation, approval of vendor invoices, etc.)
* Scheduling of pick-ups daily
* Responsible for rating shipments correctly per the SOP
* Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices
* Work closely with other departments to deliver high level of service to customers
* Perform other duties as assigned
Skills / Education / Experience
* In depth knowledge of import procedures
* Ability to be profit conscious
* Ability to work with demanding deadlines
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities
* Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized
* Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
* Strong PC skills
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills
* Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be
Kuehne + Nagel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status or disability with respect to employment opportunities.