Air Import Customer Service Agent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
* Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
* Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing and Origin Stations
* Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
* Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
* Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
* Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
* Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
* Accurately bill customers for services rendered and provide accurate job costing forecast
* Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
* Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
* Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
* Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
* Other duties as requested.
* College Degree Preferred
* Experience in logistics/forwarding industry
* Experience in Customer Service
* Good Geography knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
* Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry
* Knowledge of all Panalpina products
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* Team player
* Proficient in MS Office applications
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Other languages a plus
SPECIFICS FOR JOB / ENVIRONMENT
* Knowledge of Panalpina products
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Team player
If you wish learn more about this opportunity, please contact: Panalpina Nashville
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer