Air Quality Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
ALS Environmental USA
* Preparation & analysis of air samples for organic and other parameters;
* Day-to-day work scheduling and planning to meet sample hold and turn-around-times;
* Perform routine maintenance and advanced trouble-shooting to ensure instrumentation is operating properly;
* Adhere to all ALS QA/QC protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP) & policies;
* Perform detailed data review, interpretation and investigation as required, to ensure methodologies and accreditation requirements are met;
* Suggest, develop, document and implement new analytical procedures/methods;
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
* Setup and development of new analytical instrumentation;
* Provide backup support for instrumentation not part of primary function and assist with other analyses, as required;
* Communication with Client Services, other ALS staff and external clients, as required to address sampling media, analysis, quality or other questions;
* As directed by manager, assist in staff training, day-to-day technical issues related to production and operation, quality initiatives, and purchase of capital equipment
* Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
* Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
* Setup and prep sample containers for container orders, analysis and cleaning;
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Organized, highly motivated, detail oriented;
* Able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision;
* Able to multitask;
* Able to work in a fast paced environment ;
* Strong English communication skills both written and verbal;
* Able to do technical presentations to internal and external clients;
* Proficient in computer skills including HORIZON LIMS, MS Word, MS Excel
* Experience interacting with Account Managers and external clients to answer questions and resolve technical issues.
* Completion of Technical Diploma or Degree in chemistry;
* 5 or more years of hands-on laboratory and instrumentation experience;
* Demonstrated new method development & instrument set-up experience;
* Experience with day-to-day operation and maintenance of Agilent GC and GCMS systems.
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
* Ability to sit and/or stand for 100% of a full shift;
* Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks, operate computer and other equipment;
* You may be exposed to unpleasant fumes.
* Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
* Average vision and ability to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click the following link to view the EEO is the Law poster: