- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Air Traffic Controller - Station (Seasonal Alternate)
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Alternate position for Air Traffic Controller in McMurdo Station, Antarctica
* Seasonal position available which requires travel to Antarctica for up to six months per year.
* Responsible for administrative efficiency of Mac Tower and Mac Approach/departure and may be responsible for one or more of the following roles: Tower Manager (TM) , Mac Center Supervisor (MCS), Local Controller (LC), Air Operations Specialist, Terminal Procedures Specialist, and Enroute/Approach Controller (EAP)
* Initiates Search and Rescue (SAR) and performs flight planning functions
* Updates status boards and operates the Intranet and Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network (AFTN) computers
* Initiates SAR operations in accordance with the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) SAR plan
* Prepares and posts NOTAMS
* Prepares and submits Aircraft Flight Packets (ACFP)
* Files IFR flight plans, formulates and issues IFR clearances and control instructions
* Ensures updated ETA's are obtained for 60S and for McMurdo no later than aircraft reaching 70S
* Responsible for the operational efficiency and continuity of the Mac Center watch team
* Maintaining a continuous visual surveillance of the Class D airspace and all movement areas. The LC maintains direct communications with and ensures separation of aircraft in/on the area of jurisdiction
* Developing arrival and departure procedures for three airports
* Responsible for the separation of aircraft operating in McMurdo sector and all Class A and Class E airspace
* Qualified Local Controller (LC) and be specifically designated by the government Air Traffic Manager (ATM). The TM is responsible to the ATM for the operational efficiency and continuity of the Tower watch team
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Requires a minimum of Two (2) years of ATC experience, to include: flight planning, base operations and/or knowledge of ATC rules, regulations, and techniques; control tower operations; flight planning/base operations; and approach control.
* Requires graduation from an approved DoD or FAA approved course.
* Requires that FAA Class II medical qualifications and an Antarctic.
* Physical be met
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* CTO, APPROACH CONTROL. LAWRS experience a plus.
This position does not require a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled