Ala Carte Server - Club - FT 8/30/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
A la Carte Server Job Summary
$8.10 an hour + Tips
As directed, provides a la carte food service at Westfield Group Country Club, Blair Conference Center or Westfield Inn. Duties include taking orders, answering questions about the menu, bringing food and beverages from the kitchen to customers in the restaurant, clearing tables, tallying bills and using point of sale system to complete payments.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Greets customers with a courteous and professional manner. Provides appropriate direction into the dining room.
2. Prepares tables and restaurant for the day.
3. Takes customer food and beverage orders and accurately documents/communicates that information to the kitchen staff.
4. Acquires full knowledge of the menu and dishes offered each day. Provides information and answers questions about menu and dishes.
5. Makes note of special customer requests including but not limited to allergies, dietary restrictions and special occasions.
6. Delivers food from the kitchen to the tables.
7. Accurately closes out check, receives payment from the customer and delivers receipt.
8. Clears tables and prepares them for the next customer.
9. Documents information for all food and service related functions held at respective locations. Information includes customer counts and meal charges for the events.
10. Assists with table service functions as needed, maintains product and equipment for dining room.
11. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
12. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
13. Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
14. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Must be 19 years of age or older due to the serving of alcoholic beverages; this requirement may flex based on facility and serving needs.
2. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
3. Previous a la carte serving experience in the food service industry.
4. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
5. High school diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking, for the majority of the workday.
* Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 40lbs.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to climb steps.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.