Algorithm Development Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Algorithm Development Systems Engineer
Algorithm Development Systems Engineer
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is actively seeking a qualified systems engineer with a strong background in: system integration, inertial navigation, or computer vision for Junior/Mid-level opportunities. This person should have experience with hands-on design, development, experimentation, and testing of advanced algorithms that combine a wide range of sensing modalities (e.g., acoustic, inertial, EO, IR, LIDAR, radar). As part of the day to day you will:
- Support algorithm development as well as software integration and system implementation on appropriate embedded processing platforms.
- Join a multi-disciplined collaborative team of engineers and scientists researching and developing sensor fusion algorithms and integrated sensing systems for the intelligence and defense communities.
- This position is located at the ARA Southeast Division in Raleigh, NC.
Application areas include augmented reality, navigation, autonomous systems, persistent surveillance, and threat detection / recognition / tracking / localization.
Skills & Responsibilities
You have a strong background in at least one but possibly more of: system integration and calibration, inertial navigation, or computer vision.
You have a great understanding of optimization and tuning of existing algorithms and can demonstrate development of new algorithms.
You look forward to the responsibility of implementation of algorithms and deployment to embedded processing platforms. This will include software architecture design, system integration, and debugging / issue resolution.
You can't wait to demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and are excitedly willing to actively participate in field testing and evaluation of algorithm and system performance.
You have a great aptitude for software and system debugging.
Your other day to day responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparation of oral and written reports.
- Supporting R&D business acquisition and customer briefings.
- Presenting results of research at scientific / engineering conferences.
- Publishing in technical journals.
If this job sounds perfect to you and you are an engineer / scientist who is passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment we strongly encourage you to apply for the SED-2016-026 position on www.ara.com.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1300 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, 'Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit' sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.
ARA is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.
ARA is an At-Will Employer.
- BS with a MS preferred in a relevant science/technology/engineering/mathematics field.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience (i.e. thesis, published research, industry).
- Strong background in at least one of: system integration, inertial navigation, computer vision.
- Experienced in the use of MATLAB for data analysis and presentation.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Background in systems engineering and hardware / software integration.
- Team player with excellent presentation and written / oral communication skills.
- Must possess a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
- Experience working on intelligence community (IC) and DoD programs.
- Experience in robust estimation, machine learning, computer vision feature extraction and matching methods.
- Prior / existing security clearance.
- Experience with design patterns in object oriented programming and efficient implementation of algorithms in C/C++ on multi-core CPU and GPU processors.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States