Adjacent Business Unit Director 8/13/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The Adjacent Business Unit (ABU) Director plays a critical role in the successful operational setup of our new businesses and orchestrating cross-functional participation/development, as applicable. Together, with the business owner and business oversight leadership, has oversight of the operational functions of a subset of existing adjacent businesses or working with the region or key business functions in teaming to oversee with a lighter touch.
The ABU Director will furthermore:
* Support the setup of shared-services offerings of our BCG systems for the adjacent business working with the Regional and/or local appropriate functions
* Will partner to develop insight and pragmatic view of ongoing performance and opportunities for operational development, quality and ongoing improvements
* Act as coach or thought partner to a set of legal and finance stakeholders, or support the operational oversight of the new business, as appropriate
* Support the setup and ongoing oversight of finance structures for new businesses and office locations
* Implement and optimize the cross-functional (working with functional experts as appropriate) Minimum Standards in the new and adjacent businesses, in partnership with regional team or owners of the new business
* Project manage and lead the cross functional team, support and interfaces during the set up phase
* Work with business operational oversight (e.g. region) or the business, and the functional experts as appropriate to develop and implement HR, finance, IT, etc functions for new businesses as necessary.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable