Alumni Data Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Alumni Data Manager
$22.37 - $44.20 hourly
0300-ANDERSON GRAD SCH OF MANAGEMENT
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Applications & Data Governance, the Alumni Data Manager will supervise and manage the daily operations of data management in the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR), develop and implement projects to improve accuracy and completeness of data in each system, and provide technical customer assistance for staff, student, and alumni users of Alumni Relations data systems.
The Manager will focus on: collecting data for and improving data in the Alumni Directory and the UCLA External Affairs CRM system, interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports, developing expertise in all OAR business systems to support staff and alumni data processing needs, training and managing a full-time Asst. Data Manager along with a team of student workers, and developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with Anderson education program offices, Anderson Computing Information Services (ACIS), and UCLA External Affairs to fulfill the objectives of the position.
The preferred candidate will have a passion for data and understand the important role it plays. We are looking for an analyst that possesses superior data analysis and system administration skills who can turn data into information and information into insight. Significant experience writing SQL queries, performing statistical analysis and using Excel at an advanced level are required skills. Experience with using and administering Salesforce will be a significant benefit as we move to improve our internal database systems. A balanced mix of business, analytical, and technical skills is required for success in this position.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Ability to analyze and identify complex data problems, assess and formulate solutions, and take appropriate action or make sound recommendations. Strong diagnostic skills to grasp issues related to complex problem solving.
2. Advanced PC and technology skills. High levels of competence with the following software programs: SQL Server Management Studio, SharePoint, Word, Outlook, Windows and database systems. Advanced Excel knowledge including all Data menu commands. Extensive knowledge of building moderate to complex Excel formulas including usage of Lookup, Logical, Statistical, and Text functions.
3. Skilled at implementing and/or managing projects that required complex data management and systems analysis. Experience should include expertise in discrepancy management to resolve data conflicts between multiple systems.
4. Skilled at providing technical customer support in person, by phone, and by email. Superior customer service skills and positive attitude. Exhibit high level of energy and enthusiasm.
5. Skilled at developing and running queries using SQL Server. Strong knowledge of relational database design and how to build SQL queries to pull data from multiple tables and/or databases.
6. Skilled at developing process and system documentation in a form that can be used by data processors with minimal experience.
7. Experience in selecting, supervising, motivating, training and evaluating entry level data management personnel.
8. Ability to multi-task, to prioritize work, to take initiative, to meet deadlines of assignments, to be flexible and adaptable and to work well under pressure when faced with fluctuating workloads, pressures of deadlines and competing demands. Able to act with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
9. Strong oral communication skills to speak in a variety of settings using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to: provide information, explain policies, procedures, and system functionality, make group oral presentations, persuade others to understand a certain point of view, or to implement a specific action.
10. Strong interpersonal skills: Outstanding skill in interacting and working with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. Possess ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with business executives and professionals.
11. Strong written communication skills: ability to relate complex information clearly, concisely, logically and diplomatically; ability to write and edit grammatically correct training materials, business correspondence, emails, documentation and presentations. Ability to have high degree of attention to detail and accuracy in preparing queries, reports, documents, and electronic communication.
12. Proven experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects, independently, working on projects as a team leader or effective team member, and completing projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
13. Proven ability to coordinate material, information and people in a systematic way, to understand complex relationships, and to optimize efficiency while maintaining effectiveness.
14. . Ability to quickly learn and become an expert in software applications with minimal training or documentation.
15. Ability to maintain strictly confidential information and exercise good judgment.
16. Demonstrated working knowledge of the principles of alumni relations, development and fundraising.
17. Demonstrated willingness to maintain knowledge of current tools and trends and to inform the organization about how they affect current practices.
18.Skilled in working with Higher Education alumni data management systems including: Salesforce and Blackbaud eCRM.
19. Bachelor's degree in information systems technology or statistics or minimum of 2 years work experience as a data analyst.
20. Ability to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
This is a 1-year contract position.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE