Amarillo, TX - EMT - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: EMT Reports To: Operations Supervisor Department: Operations Location: Amarillo, TX (Amarillo Medical Services) Company: AMR-S FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Other Duties as defined on the job description. \
* Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
* State Drivers License
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
** CB DO NOT DELETE **