Ambassador; Full Time Temp-Stamford, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Ambassador is responsible for assuring an exceptional patient experience through providing a positive first impression while acting as an important resource to patients/families and staff within the location. The Ambassador will be knowledgeable about all services and locations within the site, answer questions, assure patients safely arrive at their destination and serve as the person responsible for obtaining and evaluating patient feedback including immediate problem and complaint resolution to the satisfaction of the patient. The ideal candidate will be bilingual and manage the provision of language services through the available technology. The Ambassador will mentor others in customer experience behaviors with the goal of developing an exceptional, seamless experience throughout a patient's visit to the location
* 1. Introduces self and provide warm welcome to all patients and visitors.
* 2. Presents a professional image including clean, pressed and tidy uniform at all times.
* 3. Establishes a connection with repeat patients; calls them by name and remembers usual type of visit and preferences.
* 4. Is completely knowledgeable regarding all aspects of the building; i.e. locations, way finding, parking, staff and services and can answer questions of patients and visitors in an informative, helpful and complete manner. Is also a resource to staff with regards to the same information.
* 5. Provides clear directions for all locations within the building and nearby locations including all other Greenwich Hospital locations. Provides tours to visitors as requested without interrupting patient care.
* 6. Escort patients to their destination with particular attention to those individuals who have mobility issues. Is sensitive to the patient need and preference for moving and is skilled in the techniques of proper patient transportation (stand by walking, wheelchair, assistive devices).
* 7. Manages the inventory of wheelchairs and their locations, keeping them readily available for patients. Maintains wheelchair function and cleanliness, follows through with repair requests.
* 8. Manages lost and found process. Investigates issues around lost items, follow through with updates to the owner and assures return of items either through patient pick up or return to owner.
* 9. Assures a positive patient experience through keeping the waiting and public areas neat, stocked with amenities such as magazines and that the charging stations are performing well and in good repair.
* 10. Facilitates the use of interpretation resources (over-the-phone and video-remote) for patients who prefer an interpreter. Monitors the functionality of all devices and serves as the on-site super user for these devices and can train staff on their use.
* 11. Collects and collates point of care feedback from those we serve. Effectively manages patient feedback including complaints, listens to issues, problem solves independently and brings complaints to a resolution satisfactory to the patient. Understands all patient rights and applicable regulations guiding same. Tracks and records feedback for the site location. Informs manager of complex issues and feedback trends.
* 12. Mentors all other staff in customer service behaviors, YNHHS Standards of Behavior and in immediate issue resolution.
Completion 2 year college degree or coursework preferred. Focus on psychology, communication helpful.
Must have 1 year of service oriented experience. Healthcare and patient focused experience helpful.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Computer skills and ability to use tablet (touch screen) device required. Proven problem solving skills and de-escalation techniques required.
The majority of the shift is spent active and mobile between lobbies and all areas of the facility. Required to manage patient transport using wheelchairs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk .The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires the ability to talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is full time temporary with the potential to become permanent.