Ambulatory Clinic RN - Infusion
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
RN Required or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our health system; they are our most important strength. The health system offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Ambulatory Clinic RN.
* Will be responsible for providing intravenous infusions for clinic patients
* Accurately performs data entry in both Hospital and Clinical information systems
* Assists with medical records as needed.
* Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve
* Coordinates with clerical and medical staff to provide efficient patient flow and quality patient care and satisfaction. Provides care team support as needs arise.
* Coordinates with the patient care team to identify opportunities for pre-visit planning to occur prior to a patient's visit.
* Follows-up with patients on lab results after provider has reviewed
* Orders patient care and clinical supplies
* Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed
* Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols
* Prepares exam rooms between patients
* Provides MyChart activation instructions to patients and promotes patient engagement through its use
* Responds to triage calls and messages pertaining to patient care in a timely manner based off of medical necessity and addresses walk-in patient concerns.
* Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients' weight and vital signs, reviewing patients' medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation
* Scans into EMR any diagnostic/preventive services performed outside of The University of Kansas Health System.
* Tracks transition of care activities to ensure receipt of health information (labs/referrals/imaging); assists patients with home health and hospice care when needed
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing preferred; Associates required
* RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practice state required
* BLS Certification required
* RN experience in intravenous infusions preferred
* Previous medical office experience preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.