Ambulatory RN- Radiology Clinic- Vascular Interventional Radiology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas and CPR certification are required. One (1) year of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patients' response in the medical record.
Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patients' medical records.
Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional duties will include:
* Route physician/outpatient calls and consults to appropriate service (Vascular IR, Neuro IR, MSK IR, CT biopsy/drainage)
* Pre-procedure orders for Angio, CT/US and clinic
* Enter orders into Epic for outside referrals/contact ROC for clinic appts to be arranged
* Return and document outpatient phone calls
* Contact outpatients re: medication stops, info prior to apt, premedication/preferred pharmacy
* Patient follow up calls
* Field staff messages from ROC (radiology outpatient coordinators), medical questions from Jill, scheduling
* Correspondence (Followup with physicians who sent referrals)
* Manage MyChart for physicians
* Post-procedure instructions (ensure delivery/documentation) especially with regards to Venous access, Chemoembolization, UFE, ablation, and inform on how to reach IR.
* Ensure follow-up appts are ordered and scheduled.
* Procedure paperwork for supplies (Eg: Aspira)
* Filling paper work for patients eg: FMLA
* Patient education/training/supply info for biliary drains, PCN, G tubes, etc.
* Maintain IVC filter retrieval database and contact patients monthly to retrieve the filters
* Communicating with lead tech for supply ordering
* Remove woggles after dialysis intervnetions
* Orders pre & post for LifeCare patients
* Work release/back to school forms
* Assist with clinic management
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..