Materials Manager 8/27/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26652-1294
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES The ASC Regional Materials Manager is responsible for coordination and oversight of the daily operations of materials management activities for assigned Ambulatory Surgery Centers, purchasing and receiving, file management, price discrepancy resolution, and completion of Electronic Letters of Commitment (ELOC). The ASD Regional Materials Manager supports and promotes standardization, contract compliance, and appropriate utilization of supplies and serves as the liaison between the ASD Facility Based Materials Coordinators, center Administrators, and the ASD internal control required processes.
SUPERVISOR ASD Vice President of Operations
INTERACTIONS Inclusive but not limited to facility based Materials Managers, Administrators, and Nurse Managers regarding supply activities, and vendors.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Oversee all facility material management activities for assigned Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
* Execution and implementation of the standardization programs for all material management functions, SMART cleanup, master file standardization, online requisitioning, and EDI, item merge management, item location, GL management, PAR file management, order frequency and contract optimization.
* Assist with organization, labeling and set up of OR supplies, SKU reduction, and the building of PAR files for new facilities, and facility acquisitions.
* Facilitate the implementation of market based purchasing projects at the facility through coordination with the DCRD, SCO, VPO and CRD.
* Oversees the addition of new items to the facility, working with staff to complete cost analysis, assure contract compliance, and SKU reduction when possible.
* Raise/resolve facility based supply issues and improvement opportunities.
* Facilitate the standardization of products and optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with CRD, Administrator, Physicians, Clinicians, and vendors.
* Execute the materials management Performance Measurement plan to reflect rebate opportunities, contract compliance and expense reduction at the facility and report these results to the Vice President of Operations and center Leadership in an accurate and timely manner.
* Execute a continuous improvement program for materials management functions.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered, by reviewing contract compliance, shipping costs, repair costs, and month to month supply expense management.
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting regarding potential patient safety issues and assists center personnel with utilization and completion of HPG website reporting tool.
* In coordination with the Administrator and center Leadership, assesses and evaluates the skills and competencies of Facility Based Materials Managers. Provides coaching, training and suggestions for plans of correction for improvement when needed.
* Communicates personnel concerns and changes to the Administrator working collaboratively on performance evaluations and hiring or termination situations.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Organization proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
* Communication communicates clearly, concisely, and timely
* Leadership guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes through open, honest and compelling communication.
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Tactical execution Assists CRD, Nurse Manager and Facility Based Materials Managers with oversight of corporate, regional, and facility based supply cost reduction processes and standardization initiatives.
* Policies & Procedures articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially EXCEL and others as required, such as SMART, SCRUBS etc.
* Financial management successfully applies tools and processes to monitor expenses related to supply chain expense.
* Project management assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
* Associate or Bachelor s degree preferred, two to three years experience working in the OR environment and/or Supply Chain or Materials Management role may be substituted.
* Minimum of two to three years hospital or Surgery Center experience required. Management experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an both an office and facility workroom environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Some travel may be required.
Last Edited: 08/26/2016