Americas Marketing Business Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION* PS Americas Marketing - Finance/Ops Planner
* Achieve Americas marketing budget and organizational targets. Establish, manage, and deliver a superior budget management process that enables tracking and reporting of ~$100M FY OPEX and alliance budgets, and provides controls for an accurate financial quarter close for the Personal Systems AMS Marketing organization. Lead OPEX Budget Flash discussions and communications to ensure clarity and transparency in budget targets. Support month and quarter close activities and manage quarter-close financial risk to ensure actual spend is within the OPEX budget flash targets and accuracy guidelines. Lead financial reporting initiatives for AMS Marketing Campaign / Initiative level OPEX budget reporting to align with tracking of marketing metrics and business objectives. Revenue-based reporting by Country and BU to provide teams visibility into business targets, historical comparisons, and on-going trend analysis of OPEX as % of Revenue. Support Personal Systems business objectives (revenue, sell-out, share) for prioritized marketing investments aligned to PPS' top geographic profit and growth priorities. GOALS:
(1) Provide support on strategic financial projects and tactical financial analysis and analytics (metrics) to support business decision making.(2) Support organizational synergies for the Finance (FP&A) team with AMS Marketing to ensure smooth transition of financial roles and responsibilities throughout each quarter.(3) Manage budget-related tasks and work streams related to Marketing Finance systems and processes. Provide leadership on regular weekly/monthly financial reporting, and other ad-hoc financial reporting for Executive Reviews to support marketing segment analysis and decision-making on critical areas of Marketing spend (ie; campaigns) and allocation of spend between various marketing various (where to spend) to boost Marketing ROI, drive revenue generation, and deliver enhanced value to the bottom line. Work collaboratively with Region Marketing Segment and Ops Leads, Region Category Leads, and Strategy and Planning Leads to establish the structure and process for FY Budget Planning and provide the analytics and revenue/margin/budget financial data to aid decision making. Support & maintain BMT (Budget Management Tool) and Aprimo MRM across the Personal Systems AMS Marketing organization, and provide leadership on financial cost structure, creation of processes to capture and manage finances, and reporting of Budget Utilization during the course of each quarter.* Education and Experience Required
* Typically 10 years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
* Knowledge and Skills Required
*- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.*
* Business Planning
* Americas Marketing Business Planning Manager
* California-Palo Alto
* Requisition ID:
* Other Locations:
* United States-Texas-Houston