Analyst (Associate/Senior), Reconciliations QA and Governance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ANALYST (ASSOCIATE/SENIOR), RECONCILIATIONS QA AND GOVERNANCE
JOB ID 20162216 DATE POSTED 10/05/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
With the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Reconciliation QA and Governance supports the review of reconciliation transactions to ensure compliance of internal controls. Reviews reconciliation data processes for accuracy and provides guidance on process guidelines. Supports the process management by ensuring end-to-end processes are being met for credible data and reporting.
Reports to the Manager, Reconciliations QA and Governance and leads the review of reconciliation and governance guidelines within Finance.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Responsible for supporting the review of reconciliation transactions and ensuring proper compliance of internal controls.
* Maintains internal controls and delegation of authority for finance.
* Reviews balance sheet and income statement and provides QA to support the credibility of the process and provide governance.
* Reviews processes and governance guidelines and ensures compliance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC and IFRS requirements.
* Maintains alignment on governance processes and provides data and feedback to Controls and Process Excellence to maintain alignment.
* Collects documentation to support the Reconciliation QA and Governance processes.
* Reviews and maintains financial records for policy and procedure standards.
* Identifies risks and issues concerning reconciliation or accrual processes and assists in developing remediation plans.
* Assembles and reviews supporting documentation to ensure compliance with audits.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS PREFERABLE:
* Reconciliation process.
* Governance review.
* Data collection.
* US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC regulations and IFRS.
* Process management.
* Close processes.
* Utility industry accounting.
* Risk mitigation.
* Bachelor s Degree required with a minimum of 3 years experience in Accounting roles with process review with increasing responsibility, CPA Preferred.
* Utility accounting experience preferred.
* Must be proficient in Excel and Access.
* Ability to provide QA and governance processes support.
* Demonstrated ability to document governance processes and identify risks.
* Experience managing competing priorities while maintaining compliance.
* Ability to work cross-functionally on finance processes.
* Background in utility service business activities and projects.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Oct 5, 2016, 4:52:23 AM
:Nov 4, 2016, 11:59:00 PM