Analyst, Contingent Labor Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Owings Mills, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE: The Lead Contingent Labor Analyst is responsible for the management of the external labor sourcing processes utilized by the External Labor Management Office and across the enterprise. The External Labor Management Office manages over $150 million dollars in Contingent Labor costs and manages over 30 Suppliers enterprise wide. This role oversees the sourcing and vendor management operations within the External Labor Management Office utilized by the enterprise. This includes management of the workflow related to Professional Services Time and Materials sourcing, Temporary Services program support, and On/Offshore program support. In addition, this role is responsible for oversight of the preferred professional services vendor stables. This program sources over $70 million in Professional Services spend in addition to supporting the approval workflow for over $80 Million in on/offshore SOW spend.
This role will act as the first escalation point for the Professional Services Time and Materials sourcing, Temporary Services program support, On/Offshore program support, and Work Order/SOW process, and Vendor Management support, implements strategic sourcing strategies to meet enterprise-wide objectives.
1. Responsible for managing the Time and Materials Staff Augmentation workflow and sourcing processes.
* Provides oversight of the open requirements list and monitors workflow specifically related to program metrics and SLA s.
* Leads the internal sourcing team in developing processes related to staff augmentation protocol.
* Analyzes current workload of sourcing team and adjusts duties and VP support based on needs across the enterprise. Responsible for obtaining/providing additional support during high volume times to ensure department is meeting customer service goals.
* Works with the CareFirst management team, internal systems management team, and preferred suppliers to identify opportunities within the VMS (Vendor Management System) to enhance customer experience and build process efficiencies into External Labor sourcing practices.
* Knowledgeable of all day-to-day sourcing operations in order to provide leadership and oversight of less experienced staff.
* Responsible for evaluating and making recommendations for previous CareFirst Associates, Pre-Identified resource requests and over the rate card exceptions.
* Analyzes position and rate change requests and provides recommendations to management on solution.
* Keeps management informed of critical issues and concerns related to sourcing.
* Works with new Hiring Managers and Divisions to train on External Labor processes. Works with Management on executing expansion goals.
* Responsible for development and maintenance of Internal and External Standard Operating Procedures.
* Oversight of all weekly/monthly reporting related to the sourcing process (onboarding, pre-identified candidates, rate exceptions and supplier reporting)
* Responsible for oversight of Professional Services Labor Category, processes and the relationship with the MSP (Managed Services Program) servicing CareFirst. Will work with the Systems team to identify required enhancements or workflow changes.
2. Oversees the workflow for the Onshore/Offshore Program and other Work Order /SOW (State Of Work) engagements executed within the Beeline tool including the competitive bid process.
* Leads the efforts across multiple teams to execute Work Orders/SOW according to the agreed upon workflow and SLA s developed by the program team management.
* Works with Project Teams, Management, Legal, Procurement and Finance teams to identify and resolve work order issues.
* Keeps management informed of critical issues and concerns.
* Identify opportunities to grow Work Order/SOW Program through the application of unique models (Managed Capacity, Managed Services, etc.)
* Analyzes current workload of support team. Responsible for obtaining/providing additional support during high volume times to ensure department is meeting customer service goals.
* Works with CareFirst management team, internal team systems management team, and suppliers to identify opportunities within the VMS to enhance customer experience and build process efficiencies into External Labor sourcing practices.
* Knowledgeable of SOW workflows and provides leadership and oversight to less experienced staff.
* Responsible for training of Project Teams and Executives on Work Order/SOW processes and Beeline systems navigation.
* Responsible for development and maintenance of Internal and External Standard Operating Procedures related to the Work Order/SOW program and Beeline workflows.
* Oversight of all reporting related to the SOW/Work Order programs (Quarterly Program Metrics, Financial and Supplier Reporting)
* Responsible for oversight of all Work Order data within the system to ensure data integrity for system integrations and reporting.
* Works with Finance to monitor year end milestone closures and reporting requirements.
3. Responsible for retaining and managing the Preferred Professional Services Vendor Stables including leading the RFI/RFP process and selection of preferred vendors; and associated training for all preferred vendors.
* Execute the end-to-end strategic sourcing process which includes: gathering data, conducting market research, benchmarking and identifying potential vendors, and recommending the optimal procurement approach (RFI, RFP, reverse eAuction, etc.).
* In concert with the CareFirst Procurement department, create and issue the procurement documents; facilitate the procurement approach. Analyze vendor responses, create vendor scorecards and facilitate discussions with key business decision makers. Conduct vendor negotiations and implement vendor contracts.
* Responsible for maintaining all Preferred Vendor Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance with program strategies, CareFirst Policies and Vendor Contracts.
* Responsible for development, maintenance of and on-going training for all vendors on processes related to that RFP.
* Proactively identifies and addresses opportunities for enhancements within vendor management procedures.
* Leads on-going supplier calls to provide communication around process and sourcing strategies.
* Oversight of data used to calculate quarterly vendor and program report cards.
* Leads the Quarterly review process with Professional Services and SOW/Work Order Vendor Stables.
* Analyzes and makes recommendations to the program manager on process deviations, suspensions and terminations within the stable.
4. Maintains cross-departmental communications ensures standard operating procedures are in place and maintained for internal and external usage related to external labor management, VMS technology and Vendor management.
* Supports External Labor team members as needed with creative sourcing approaches sourcing, supplier management, offshore program management and process adherence.
* Leads and mentors other staff members on business knowledge, system details, and complex sourcing issues related to the VMS solution and across system integrations.
* Expand business knowledge through reading, on-the-job-training, classroom training, networking and conducting market/best practice research.
* Advises team members concerning best practice and procedures concerning atypical issues that arise while management may not be available.
* Absolute adherence to confidentiality of information.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.