Analyst, Corporate Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160907-8216-JB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Are you a talented business analyst looking to advance your career in a fast paced publically traded company* Do you bring a high level of curiosity to the job and enjoy working on visible projects that will shape the future of the organization* If you ve got an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an environment of high-performance customer service, we want to talk to you!
Verisk s Client Engagement team is seeking an Analyst, Corporate Operations with an inquisitive mind and an interest in developing, implementing and distributing measurements and scorecards that will lead to insights that improve our business. In this role you ll be working with a group of accomplished high level professionals while deepening your knowledge and skills with an ever expanding breadth of projects and the opportunity to make independent decisions. If you ve got soid business intelligence reporting capabilities and enjoy managing multiple high profile initiatiave, please read on .
At Verisk, you can have a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, the chance to make a positive impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities, and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business efforts will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
* Four-year college degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or related discipline preferred
* 1-3 years experience in business intelligence reporting, data mining, data analysis, or statistical analysis. Experience with SQL, Python and/or object-oriented programming language is a plus.
* Ability to manage multiple high profile initiatives concurrently
* Ability to effectively interact with management and different business units on a regular basis
* Comfortable leading small teams and conducting meetings
* Ability to make presentations to executive level clients (including C-Suite)
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
* Demonstrated skill in research and analysis
* Highly organized, self-motivated and can make recommendations and good decisions
* Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills are critical.
* Superb verbal and written communication skills
* An innovative thinker with attention to detail- not afraid to experiment
* Must be eager and assertive with high energy
* Ability Aspiration - Engagement
* Very strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
* Analyze the quality of data received from business units, data providers and other sources, and recommend actions for data quality improvements.
* Work closely with the management staff in the development, implementation, maintenance and regular distribution of useful measurement reports and scorecards that will have high visibility at the leadership and executive level.
* Provide insight on all reporting results developed, implemented and distributed.
* Prepare and utilize project plans for significant performance, process, and procedural improvements.
* Maintain overall responsibility for the successful completion of projects on an ongoing basis.
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, a work from home program, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click submit now to apply.
A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk. The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.