Analyst - Corporate and Asset Finance - New York
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RECRUITER: Tammy Lee
Macquarie is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services, with offices in 28 countries. We are a uniquely diverse business with deep specialist expertise. We work with top-tier firms, small businesses and emerging leaders, governments and community organisations.
Macquarie Corporate and Asset Finance Group ("CAF") provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe, Corporate and Asset Finance specialises in:
* leasing and asset finance
* tailored debt and finance solutions
* asset remarketing, sourcing and trading.
The M&A team is responsible for originating, analyzing, negotiating and executing potential acquisitions of, and investments in, companies or operations to add to CAF's growing global asset finance operations. The team is also responsible for incubating CAF's strategic initiatives and corporate development activities. In 2016, CAF's asset finance businesses completed over $10 billion of transactions.
CAF is looking to recruit a New York-based Analyst within its internal M&A / corporate development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Company and industry research, including desktop research, and engaging with in-house resources and external industry participants
* Identifying and analyzing potential targets and other opportunities
* Understanding the financial drivers of a potential transaction and building up the investment thesis, including the financial model, supporting analysis, presentations and documentation
* Participation in and coordinating the due diligence of potential transactions
* Liaising with internal transaction stakeholders and external financial and legal advisers
Macquarie's global culture is a non-hierarchal one that fosters a sense of collegiality and open-debate. From day one, Analysts are given the opportunity and encouraged to share their opinions and insights with the rest of the team. Macquarie is a meritocracy, and Analysts can expect to quickly assume additional responsibility as they gain experience and demonstrate their capabilities.
To be successful, you will have:
* Up to 3 years of experience in investment banking, transaction services, consulting, private equity, commercial banking or specialty finance
* Exposure to M&A and financial institutions transactions / capital raising preferred
* An excellent academic background with knowledge of commerce, finance, accounting or economics preferred
* Demonstrably strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to operate effectively at all levels of an organization
* Experience conducting research and creating pitch books in a clear and succinct manner
* A hard-working, can-do attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Proficiency in problem solving and a strong passion for learning
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 14 Sep 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities