Analyst, Cost/Pricing Senior
Cobham is seeking a Senior Cost Pricing Analyst that will conduct cost and pricing and business metrics for the organization; establish, monitor and analyze costing infrastructure that correlates with pricing decisions, management reporting and ad hoc analyses; establish processes and framework for Financial components of project submissions; perform cost risk analyses; resolve technical, cost and cost risk issues; ensure bids remain within cost target; provide price costing for government contracts & solicitations; develop and provide pricing training to key participants in proposal process; ensure compliance with pertinent government pricing regulations; collaborate with business unit, finance and senior management. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
* Understand the Request for Proposal (RFP) to develop competitive pricing strategies; provide decision analysis on bids.
* Develop and produce compliant cost & price proposals, including cost models and templates, formats and pricing rationale in accordance with customer instructions and company policies; establish and document costing methodology.
* Enhance estimating methodologies, including Learning Curves, Cost Estimating Relationships (CERS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
* Develop and present pricing process training materials to key proposal participants.
* Keep informed of changes in pertinent government regulations, and update pricing policies and procedures as applicable.
* Manage DCAA and/or customer audits and fact-finding reviews; create ad-hoc financial reporting, modeling, and analyses as required.
* Summarize project-related work to contribute to core forecasts, provide capital and P & L implications of proposed projects.
* Recommend sub-contract strategies; develop competitive pricing strategies that are defendable; apply complex life cycle tools to achieve cost realism.
* Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
* Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
* Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
* Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Eight (8) years of creating and analyzing financial data in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with government contracts.
* Experience with Excel and developing financial modeling.
* Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting.
* Experience with ProPricer.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Master in Business Administration (MBA).
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Finance
Primary Location: US-California-San Diego
Organization: Cobham Microelectronic Solutions San Diego
Recruiter: Craig Beronja