Analyst - Demand Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 3/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Under the supervision of the Demand Planning Manager, the Demand Planning Analyst will partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. Communicate demand forecast plans and the assumptions behind them to key supply chain stakeholders. Work closely with the Supply Planning / Market Supply Logistics team to identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain. Establish and manage statistical forecasts for specified area of accountability (Logility). Gather and incorporate all sources of market intelligence to produce the best possible operational forecast. Ensure current trends are incorporated into the demand plan. Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the sales team. Update and monitor process key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a quality requiring minimal supervisory review.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Develop accurate demand forecasts for designated product segment, while reducing inventory / working capital and minimizing forecast variability
* Develop strong working knowledge of marketing / sales/ customer business plans to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment
* Develop and maintain a 24-month operational forecast in Logility forecasting tool
* Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity / share expectations
* Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts
* Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan
* Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the sales team
* Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve the error rate below targeted levels of Weighted Mean Absolute Percentage Error (WMAPE)
* Ensure that appropriate forecasting processes and methods are being followed and updated as needed. Maintain forecast system data integrity. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency/scenario planning
* Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
* Bachelor s degree required preferably in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative business discipline
* Business acumen/sound judgment is essential to the demand planning function and this competency must be developed at the Analyst level. Moderate supervision by the Demand Planning Manager. Analyst is accountable for choosing the most appropriate forecast models to maximize forecast accuracy.
* 2-4 years of Supply Chain experience preferably within a CPG industry with minimum 2 years direct Demand Planning experience preferred
* Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel preferred, experience with a forecast modeling tool helpful (e.g. Logility), SAP experience helpful
* Excellent written/oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills(Listens and Communicates Effectively)
* Ability learn, adapt and continuously improve (Improves Performance, Shows Curiosity)
Working or developing knowledge of:
* Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
* Data management /databases
* OLAP/Business Analytics tools
* Mass market retail environment
* Consumer marketing
* Supply chain operations
* Ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
About The Company
NYX Cosmetics, named after the Greek goddess who ruled the night and symbolized beauty and power, is known for high-quality, professional makeup at accessible prices. A leader in the massive color cosmetics industry, NYX is defined by exceptional quality products with rich pigments and high payoff. Featuring a range of classic, seasonal, and on-trend cosmetics, NYX is a must-have among beauty lovers and professional makeup artists. The brand began with artistic inspiration, a single product and a vision. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX is a global brand available in over 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.