Analyst Disaster Research USA-DSS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Pearl Harbor, HI
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Employee will perform academic research in conjunction with partner organizations to address specific DMHA issues. Research will be conducted by using commonly accepted methodologies and principles to respond to informational demands in a timely manner. This often means analyzing the research of other organizations, conducting organization specific analysis of where DMHA gaps exist, or a combination thereof. The Center s research products contribute to the worldwide body of knowledge informing the broader DMHA community. As such incumbent uses best practices in the industry by advising and assisting combatant command staffs and service components on best practices regarding disaster response and humanitarian missions
Essential Duties and responsibilities
* Decision support and program support products including information products on humanitarian emergencies and response activities.
* Provide applied research and analysis to solve practical problems and develop innovative technologies for disaster management practitioners.
* Working with academic institutions to assist in the development of original and academic research on international disaster management and foreign humanitarian assistance projects.
* Engagement with U.S. and international organizations to enhance existing information exchanges and products, improving information dissemination.
* Develop and maintain relationships with outside organizations and foreign governments; create reference data base of partner organizations, contacts, and specific initiatives.
* Provided DMHA subject matter expertise support in conducting exercises, promoting collaboration on lessons learned and best practices in the public and private sectors, provide technological tools to better enable the CFE-DM to serve as DMHA advisor to HQUSPACOM.
* Provide expertise in the development of collaborative plans that complement and enhance deliverables
Minimum Job requirements
* Masters' degree in related field and have demonstrated expertise in conducting independent research and working with universities in developing research products.
* Three years experience managing complex research projects and studies that promote civil-military cooperation during humanitarian and disaster response missions and training.
* Three years experience using specialized study findings, new analytical developments and modified processes to assist in identifying trends or problems that affect broad disaster management and humanitarian assistance program operations.
* Three years experience advising leaders on approaches to research projects and data analysis.
* Three years experience in producing operational information support products in response to large scale disasters and humanitarian emergencies.
* Three years experience solving complex problems and making significant recommendations to change, interpret, or develop important or innovative information policies, programs or analytical methods.
* Three years experience in the use of military forces in HA/DR missions.
* This position must be familiar with Pacific theater of operations and disaster management.
* Applicant selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a secret security clearance.
* US. Citizen
* Ability to obtain a U.S. passport