Analyst - Field 8/30/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Manage and Oversee the Division's Operations and Maintenance expense budgets
Serve as liaison with Area Field coordinators
Consolidate financial reports on budget status and forecasts
Ensure variances are explained
Work with Project Managers and utilize analytical tools to forecast project cash flows
Input accruals at the end of each quarter
Create journal entries to correct AP project charges
Present reports to Division Management
Roll up finalized reports to Corporate Accounting
Manage the Divisions O&M Expense Budget development process
Establish timelines and schedules to meet required deadlines
Schedule and facilitate budget development review meetings
Ensure project descriptions, justifications and cash flows are clear, consistent and complete
Develop base O&M Budgets for VP and Tech Ops cost centers
Input projects and base budgets into company's database
Generate and present reports for review and approval
Create work offers and tasking letters for projects
Enter contracts, work offers, rate sheets and DOT covered task verification reports in contract system
Create purchase orders for the purchase of materials in SAP
Work with vendors and Project engineers when invoices are incorrect
Assist Project Managers with project development, submittal, approval and revision process
Audit, code and process invoice per company procedures
Check for discrepancies per contractual agreements and purchase orders
Provide proper coding, route for approval and input into AP system
Maintain files for assigned departments
Receive and route mail and prepare outgoing mail
Make arrangements for meetings, conference calls and company sponsored meals
Maintain office supplies
Conduct training to company personnel on company programs, initiatives and processes
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of analytical experience, preferably in the natural gas transmission industry, in cost or budget analysis and budget development
- Above average computer skills and the ability to produce and maintain spreadsheets and utilize internal Company programs. SAP and Power Plant experience preferred.
- Able to develop and utilize analytical programs and tools to forecast O&M Expense Budget cash flows.
- In-depth knowledge of Company administrative procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Must have excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with all levels of organization.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be organized and able to effectively schedule, establish priorities and plan efficiently.
- Experience in executing and administering Company-wide programs.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a collaborative environment with personal skills necessary to maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers.
- Work in a functional group with peers geographically dispersed across the Division.
- Must be able to perform routine administrative duties.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications