Analyst, Financial Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This position supports the Financial Compliance Group (FCG), which is responsible for the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance program at T-Mobile. As an Analyst, Financial Compliance, you will interact with control owners and testers while performing quality assurance (QA) reviews on management's SOX control testing and assist in the annual process/control rationalization activities at the direction of FCG leadership. This position willreport tothe Senior Manager, Financial Compliance and work closely with all members of the team.
- 1 year of full-time experience in financial audit/attestation with a public accounting firm or Internal Audit in a large public company. Experience with a Big Four accounting firm and previous SOX experience preferred.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required.
- Preparing to meet requirements for CPA licensing including passing the exam.
- Basic knowledge of how to identify and assess financial risk, as well as how to identify control points within a process.
- Planning and organization skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and independently, as required.
- Assist in preparation for and participate in the annual scoping and rationalization process for all processes & controls.
- Perform FirstLevel quality assurance validation of SOX 404 control testing.
- Maintain control matrices for SOX control documentation.
- Maintain SOX documentation and testing status using internal SOX Tools.
- Co-ordinate and obtain quarterly process and control owner sign-offs for SOX 302.
- Assist in updating process flowcharts and narratives, as well as control documentation.
- Responsible for developing SOX testing expertise to educate business partners (first via one on one coaching and eventually through classroom instruction) on various aspects of SOX 404 including techniques for performing control testing, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in performing other miscellaneous projects as assigned by Financial Compliance management.
- Develop an understanding of risk and controls in assigned business cycles.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .