Analyst, Financial (Mills)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGraphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position supports the manager and business management by providing operations analysis, and cost accounting; by directly participating in the business planning process; and by developing, implementing and interpreting corporate financial policy.
A principal activity of the position is to support the manager and operations by ensuring effective business and financial planning and by ensuring that management accounting and control systems are both effective and efficient. The incumbent participates in the analysis and reporting of actual, plan and forecast operating results, works closely with the mill controllers to ensure standard reporting and operating practices.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1 Prepare and/or review the financial analyses of proposed projects to permit sound business decisions and to evaluate the results of completed appropriations.
2 Work closely with the mill controllers to consolidate and understand the monthly results.
3 Ensure application of established financial controls within area of responsibility by effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies/processes and instructions.
4 Provides information that assists with the preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors and the investment community.
5 Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
6 Perform other related duties as required.
* The incumbent should have a broad appreciation and understanding of economics, finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as a thorough knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting operations.
* The incumbent should have 1-4 years work experience which includes exposure to manufacturing operations and business analysis and will have demonstrated strengths in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
* Accounting or Finance degree with 1-4 yrs experience
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, detail orientation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
* High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
* Can work independently without a great need of supervision.
* Can manage multiple projects at one time.
* Good communication skills.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. SAP knowledge a plus.
* Occasional travel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.